PTA Engineering is proud to participate in the development of sustainable design and building practices to enhance occupant comfort. LEED certified buildings often provide healthier work and living environments through improved indoor air quality and access to daylight.
As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, PTA makes Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation a priority. Six engineers on our design team at PTA are LEED Accredited Professionals and are recognized for their knowledge of the LEED rating system.
PTA has provided MEP design services for the following LEED certified projects:
- 2008 Certified / New Construction: J.M. Smucker Co. - Company Store and Café
- 2009 Silver / New Construction: J.M. Smucker Co. - Company Renewal Building
- 2010 Certified / New Construction: Snap-on Tools - Business Solution Center
- 2011 Silver / Schools: APS National Inventors Hall of Fame School - Center for STEM Learning (Inventure Place)
- 2011 Gold / New Construction: Verizon Wireless - Twinsburg Data Center Expansion
- 2012 Silver / Core & Shell: Allstate Insurance Co. - Chubbuck, Idaho Call-in Center
- 2013 Gold / Commercial Interiors: Allstate Insurance Co. - Chubbuck, Idaho Call-in Center
- 2013 Silver/ New Construction: Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron - ABIA Institute
- 2013 Silver / New Construction: Stark State College - Business & Entrepreneurial Center
- 2014 Silver/ Schools: Stark State College - North Academic Building
- 2015 Silver / Schools: Keystone Local School District - New Keystone Middle School
- In progress Certified / Schools: Chippewa New Middle/High School & Performing Arts Facility
- In progress Certified / Commercial Interiors: Allstate Insurance Co. - Salt Lake City, Utah Multi-Tenant Facility
- In progress Certified / New Construction: Cuyahoga Co. Public Library - Middleburg Heights Branch
Energy Star Award
Mercy Medical Center achieved the prestigious Energy Star in July 2009. This award is the mark of superior energy performance and identifies the building as one of the most efficient buildings in the nation. This building and those of similar nature highlight our nation’s leaders in energy efficiency. PTA is proud to have been involved for more than a decade in the mechanical and electrical design for Mercy Medical Center.
Whether or not the intent is for a facility to be LEED certified or awarded an Energy Star, the engineers at PTA incorporate design solutions that maximize the economic and environmental performance of the facility. They research and recommend sustainability and cost-saving approaches wherever possible.